Important Things You Should Know When Buying a Home
Buying a home can be complex. Here are some important things you should know.
Buying a home can be complex. A good real estate lawyer should walk you through the process and explain important items to you such as obtaining a survey and title insurance for your property. If you are purchasing a property and would like assistance in respect of the above, or have other questions you want answered, feel free to contact us.
- Offers & Counteroffers – Be weary of offers and counteroffers. Each offer and counteroffer creates a new agreement under law.
- Deposits – The deposit assures the seller that the purchaser intends to complete the deal if the offer is accepted.
- Inspections – If you are buying a new house, an inspection is not required. However, it is extremely advisable!
- Surveys – If you plan on carrying out substantial renovations involving the movement of buildings on the property or installing a new fence or hedge line, you will want to obtain a survey.
- Title Insurance – Title insurance protects the buyer’s ownership interest against losses incurred as a result of undetected or unknown defects that affect the buyer’s registered into
-Shira Kalfa, BA, JD, Partner and Founder
© Kalfa Law 2018
The above provides information of a general nature only. This does not constitute legal advice. All transactions or circumstances vary, and specified legal advice is required to meet your particular needs. If you have a legal question you should consult with a lawyer.